Greenham is now a civil and ecclesiastical parish on the south-eastern border of Newbury. Despite the village's ancient allegiance to Thatcham, of which it was a tithing, Newbury has twice taken bites from the parish to swell its own conurbation. (On the first occasion, in 1878, a group of regulars at the Adam and Eve pub in Stroud Green elected their own mock mayor and council in protest.)
Today the civil parish of Greenham extends from the Kennet to the Enborne, and from the back of the Andover Road eastwards to a dotted line which meanders through Bowdown Woods, across the common to the A339.
Local place names include Bury's Bank, Bowdown, Crookham, Stroud Green, Pyle Hill and Pigeon Farm.