Stroud Green

Stroud Green lies next to Newbury Racecourse and is bounded by Racecourse Road and Greenham Road. 

It is a typical English village green with an ancient public house - The Plough on the Green.

The Newbury Weekly News of 1953 shows a large Coronation street party on Stroud Green of children from Eastfields and it is clear that there was a strong sense of community.

On Screen Reader

Voice